Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bomb In Your Mouth Donuts + Some Nonsense


Ya know what really stresses me out?

*People who make weird/awful noises while working out
*I can handle the grunts of people working hard here and there, but the ones who are breathing
so heavily I can hear them across the room or making noises that sound as though they
may either die or come close to it...they stress me out. I swear it even affects my ability to
workout. It makes me feel like I may have a mini panic attack for them.
You're not dying people. And if you are, shout a holler.

*Getting gas 
Sad to say, in both Oregon and Washington. I get really flustered. I will accidentally
take off my seatbelt instead of popping open the gas tank when in Oregon. I always forget
where my gas tank is in the midst of getting nervous that I sometimes pull up on the wrong side.
And in Washington I can't seem to figure out how to leave the gas pump going on it's own. I end
up standing in the freezing cold manually pumping my gas.
It's a lose-lose situation for me.

*Huge 'car' shopping carts
The kind kids ride in at the grocery store...I get it, it's fun for the kids but they take up
the ENTIRE aisle and they could knock me out coming around the corner. It hasn't happened
yet, but if it ever does I'm not sure what I'll do. And if I see you and your kids using one, I
may give you the stink eye. Sorry ahead of time.

*To-do lists.
Love and hate these. They causes stress, but I love that I get stuff done when I make them.
Most of the things on my list are garbage things that don't really need to get done in one day.
And the ones that are important...well let's just say I do those last. They say if you put it off til
last minute, it will get done in a minute. That doesn't come without a little stress though! It's
way more fun to do things you actually want to do verse the ones you have to do.
Like baking verse taxes. That's a no brainer. Agreed?

*What Stresses Ty out:
Showing up late for athletic events, even for their warm ups. I'm never on time and he's
always on time. When we go to Linfield games, he wants to get there early for warm ups.
I love to take my time and make it seem like I'm going to cause us to
be late for warm ups...it makes him squirm.
Not funny for him, I know. Funny for me.
I promise I'm a good wife otherwise.

*And elevators
His exact words...I'll take 250 flights of stairs before taking those parking garage elevators!

What's funny is I feel like I live off stress, the self-inflicted kind.
I've got that love-hate for it. Really dumb, you don't have to tell me.

So what do we all like to do when we're stressed...we eat of course. I mean why not make
ourselves feel even worse by stuffing our faces. If you're going to do so, make it totally worth it.
Instead of eating 1 of these...eat 2 or 3. Just don't complain or stress about it afterwards.
I don't want to hear it and I'm sure nobody else does.

*If you don't have a donut pan, Walmart has them for 8.97...those good ol' "rollback prices".
It was the cheapest I found around, but be sure the Walmart store you're going to actually has them before you go!

Chocolate Banana Donuts


Makes 9-10 donuts (depending on if you eat some batter...guilty!)

6-7 dates
3 bananas
1/8 C raw honey
3 eggs
1/4 C coconut flour
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1-2 tsp vanilla extract (I tend to just dump some in)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 C Enjoy Life choco chips or dark chocolate chips, melted
1-2 tsp ground coffee (to your liking)
Dash of sea salt to the tops of each BAD (bomb as* donut)

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Get your food processor out and throw in the dates, bananas,
and honey. Blend until smooth. Then add in the eggs, flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking
soda and powder, and salt. Blend again. Place batter into your donut pan (they don't rise so
fill them as thick as you want them to be). Bake for 23-25 minutes. Let cool (I wasn't patient,
I just went for one plain and then dipped the rest of it in the chocolate). Melt your chocolate, add
the ground coffee, and mix together. Dip your donut into the choco/coffee mix. Dash that salt on
there if you want it or leave it off. I don't care. Then devour!

I made this while listening to We Will Rock You. Got me pumped to...
eat more donuts, then go to Crossfit. It was a great idea, NOT.

♥ Ty & Cor

PS-we're not stressed right now, just wanted an excuse to eat 3 of these tonight.

(Recipe altered slightly from paleomg)