Friday, April 19, 2013

DIY Clothespin Organizing For The Crafty & Not-So Crafty

It's only been about 6 or 7 months since we first started complaining about the papers that 
continue to pile up on the end of our chaise lounge or the corner of our coffee table. It's just 
so convenient to open the mail and put it on either-or so we can "get to it later." 
We all know how that goes! It becomes more of a mess to have to go
through later, so why not at least have it be an organized mess, right?

Yesterday I decided to get around to finding a quick solution to the pile of mail and loose 
papers! I didn't want to have to go to the store for anything so I went digging around
in my crafts in the basement and here's what I came up with...

Clothespin Organizing!

So easy, quick, and cheap (even if you don't have the supplies in your home already).
You can hang bills to pay, bills to file, papers you need to respond to, save the
date invitations, coupons, or other items you need to be reminded of daily on
your fridge as easy as this:

Supplies
clothespins (leftovers can be used on other projects)
paint, your choice in colors
paint brushes
stencils (optional)
magnets
string, yarn, or twine
hot glue gun and glue


Decide your color scheme and the number of clothespins you need. Have an idea of how you 
want each clothespin to be painted and take to it. I had leftover stencils I used for a wedding 
shower so I used the stencils a few times and free handed the others. Let the paint dry and clean 
up the items you won't be using thereafter. Hot glue the magnets to the back of the
clothespins and let dry.



Hang your string on the fridge as you wish. I used old dresser handles we had leftover from a
project, hot glued magnets on the back of them, then placed them on the opposite sides of the
fridge. I tied the ends of the string around the dresser handles, allowing the string to hang
loosely in the middle. Then I attached my papers and homemade clothespin magnets
along the string as shown below.



And for those who have no interest in painting clothespins and need something cheap and quick,
head to Craft Warehouse to pick up some of the already made chalkboards attached to a mini
clothespin. Wrap some twine around magnets already on your fridge, then hang your papers
& chalkboard clothespins from them. I already had the chalkboards from a previous project,
so I was able to use the leftovers for this project! What's nice is that if you don't want them
on the fridge at some point or another, you can always take them down and repurpose
them on another project! Now that's simple, easy, and cheap at it's finest!


I never said I was an artist and will never claim to be one...especially when I can't even paint 
a straight line for goodness sake! It's inspiring to think about the world of painting, but let's get real. 
It's not going to happen. I was blessed with the ability to do many other things, just not painting.

Make a cup o' joe, get organized, and enjoy a little craft time to yourself.

Enjoy!