Thursday, April 25, 2013

Let Me Handle The Grill, Babe

I went for it. And I nailed it. I used the BBQ for the first time, EVER! That's right, first ever in 
my life. Growing up and even to this day, I have always feared starting up a propane BBQ. 
I was sure my eyebrows were going to be gone by the time I was just getting started. So for 
all you out there that have been BBQing for ages now, I am now jumping on the bandwagon.
Unfortunately I didn't capture myself in action, but to let you in on my little secret...I 
almost flipped the steak off the grill! I about had a heart attack. Great thing was that 
I was able to snag it with my fork before it went sliding off! 
Let's just say I have some room for improvement.


Basic Tri Tip & Citrus Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
1 tri tip steak
seasoning of choice, for steak
5-6 C brussel sprouts, halved
1 onion, sliced
5-6 tbsp olive oil
5-6 tbsp Fouresse citrus balsamic vinegar
1/8 C dried cranberries
1/8 C slivered almonds, optional

Put a skillet on your burner and place heat on med/high. Place your brussels in a large bowl and 
drizzle your oil over the top. Toss to coat. Once the pan is hot, pour your brussels onto the 
pan and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes. Place the sliced onions into the pan and pour the 
vinegar over the top, stirring frequently to coat the veggies. Cook until brussels are soft, 
then serve with the steak. While your brussels are cooking season your steak and place 
on a high heat on the BBQ. Do each side on high heat for 3 1/2 minutes, then turn 
to low heat and repeat 3 1/2 minutes on each side. I enjoy a little red in the middle 
and that's exactly what this will get you. Cook a little longer if you so choose!

There you have it. A super quick paleo meal with our new vinegar from Fouresse. 
This girl can grill!

♥The Stanleys