Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Treat Week: Paleo Fudgesicles

I failed to mention that not only is it my birthday week but it's also Nurse's Week and today is 
National Teacher's Day! Ty & I have another excuse to celebrate ourselves besides my birthday. 
Why not, right? However, there are no intentions to except we'll continue to eat these sweets all 
week. I found some great ecards I wanted to post, but realized this post was about
fudgesicles and not nurse week ecards. So I just stuck with these two. 



The weather has been incredibly lovely for a whole week. What's up with that? I LOVE! I got
stuck inside at work all weekend and then pulled an extra shift yesterday to help them out, so 
today is MY day. I'm going to bake, relax, and get ready for our mini getaway!

Paleo Fudgesicles
2 bananas
2 dates, pitted
1/2 C canned coconut milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 C Enjoy life chocolate chips
dixie cups

Get your food processor out and place your bananas and dates in it. Puree them, then 
add all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips. Once it's all blended, sprinkle 
the choco chips at the bottom of the dixie cups. Go nuts with tons of choco chips at 
the bottom or keep it to a sprinkle. 


Then pour the blended ingredients over the top of the choco chips in the dixie
cups and place a popsicle stick in the middle of the chocolate filling. 


Place in freezer until frozen (overnight). Cut or rip off the dixie cup and enjoy!


Happy Nurse's Week to all my fellow nurses. Happy Teacher's Day to all the great
teachers currently and those who have retired. And again, happy birthday week to me!

♡Nurse & Teacher Stanley!



Credit to paleomg.com for the recipe!