Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Birthday Treat Week: Paleo Lemon Bars

I've been hogging the spotlight for a few days seeing that it is my birthday week...I gave 
a little credit to teachers and nurses yesterday, but I also have others I do share this week with. 
My friend Aubry beat me in turning 27 this year as she tends to beat me every year in getting 
older, ya old hag! Today also marks the day our friends Jordan and Becky were born!
Some awesome people share the same day.

HBD friends, HBD!

(Ignore that I overcooked the crust last night...the flavor was still good!)

Paleo Lemon Bars
1 1/2 C almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 C grapeseed oil
1/4 C agave nectar
3 eggs
1/2 C fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with grapeseed oil. 
Combine the first two ingredients in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the next three
ingredients together (oil, agave, and vanilla). Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, 
mix well. Press the crust mixture into our baking dish evenly and bake for 15 minutes. While 
the crust is baking, place the rest of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix on high until 
well mixed and smooth. Once the crust is done, pour the topping mixture over the hot crust. 
Then place back into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes, then 
place in the fridge for about 2 hours to set. That's it...all you have to do next is eat them!

Enjoy some paleo lemon bars on us Stanleys!