Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blood Orange Chia Pudding

Blood oranges are not just tasty but they are so pretty. I almost didn't want to eat them
because I was fascinated with the colors. Just as the colors on the outside appear,
the edible part is mixed with a lighter orange and blood orange color.
Slightly obsessed. I'll stop.

Blood Orange Chia Seed Pudding
2 C blood orange juice (4-5 oranges)
1/2 C cashews, soaked in water overnight
1 tbsp raw honey
3 tbsp chia seeds
sprinkle coconut palm sugar
blood orange segments

Drain the water that the cashews are in and place the cashews into your processor. Blend until 
creamy. Add a couple tablespoons of blood orange juice and cream together. Then add the rest 
of the blood orange juice and honey until smooth. (In the previous recipe from betacyanin it said
to drain the contents with a milk nut bag...I skipped that part but you can do it if you so wish).
Mix the chia seeds into the cashew-orange mixture. Place in the fridge for several hours, then
pull it out to hand mix again. Place back in the fridge  for several hours up to overnight.
Serve with the orange segments and a sprinkle of coconut palm sugar.
My version is much thicker than the previous recipe, but as I had said...I skipped the draining part.
Flavor was all there still, so I figured why bother with the additional step! I'll be honest,
 I was on a time constraint and being slightly lazy, but I'd suggest doing it next 
time so you get the right texture and all! Enjoy!

♡The Stanleys!