Monday, May 6, 2013

Birthday Treat Week: Paleo Almond Butter Bacon Cookies

4 years ago, I celebrated my first birthday with Ty. 
4 years later, we'll celebrate in another country.
#traveleverychanceyouget

4 years ago you couldn't pay me to get married. 
4 years later, I say don't hesitate to marry that man when you find him.
#lovehimeveryday

4 years ago I was 23.
4 years later, somehow I thought I was turning 26 and apparently can't do math.
#stillyounginmindandheart

4 years ago, I ate desserts for breakfast.
4 years later, I have no problem doing the same.
#queenofdesserts


Paleo Almond Butter Bacon Cookies

1 C almond butter
1 C coconut palm sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp baking soda
6 pieces of bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
dash of sea salt, optional
serve with a glass of almond milk


Preheat oven 350 degrees. Using your mixer, blend together the almond butter and coconut 
palm sugar. Once blended, add the egg and baking soda. Fold in the cooked and chopped 
bacon. If you choose not to use the bacon, you can cook them as is and add a sprinkle of 
sea salt to the tops when they come out of the oven. Otherwise, make sure the bacon is 
folded into the batter well and make tablespoon sized balls and place on a cookie 
sheet. Bake them for 10 minutes, then let cool. We found that they still taste good 
even after three to four days. Just put them in the fridge if you don't plan on eating 
them all right away and share with others when you get a chance!


Happy birthday week to me! Let's celebrate with desserts all week long!

♥The Stanleys