Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Paleo 'Nana Bread

Yesterday when I got off work I had 7 text messages on my phone! It was crazy. And I'll be 
honest, that never happens. It made me feel cool for a minute. And only a minute. Because 
when I got into the messages, I realized I happened to be apart of a mass text and all the 
other messages were people replying to everybody. So it really wasn't that cool. And
apparently, I'm really not that cool as it initially made me feel.

Back to reality...more blogging. Here's a recipe for paleo banana 
bread, which is really cool in my books anyway.


4 bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1/2 C almond butter
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 C almond flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 C dark chocolate or Enjoy Life Chips, optional
chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix your bananas, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil together with a hand mixer in a 
medium sized bowl. Once mixed, add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder,
vanilla, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips and or walnuts if you wish. Pour
your mixture into a bread pan or use a mini loaf bread pan if you have one.
If you do, you can make a variety of banana breads (walnut, chocolate 
chips, plain, etc.) Bake for 35-40 minutes if you're doing one large
banana bread or bake for 20-25 minutes for the mini loaves.
Enjoy, but don't eat it too fast because it sure went way
too quick around here!