Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Paleo Snack Time: Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

I'm a self-proclaimed "good speller", but when it came to doing this post I realized I couldn't figure
out how to spell asparagus. Who knew there was an extra A between the R and the G. Apparently
I didn't. Ya know what other word gets me...broccoli. Why do I always wanted to
spell it with two L's?

On another note, I went to three different grocery stores today. I was clearly being particular
about where I purchased certain things from. Amongst my grocery shopping spree,
I decided I will forever go to Chucks (local Vancouver amazing grocery store similar to
Whole Foods) on Tuesdays. Why Tuesdays? Because it's discount senior day! Those folks
get 10% off their groceries on Tuesdays and I love all the cute old couples.
I can't wait to be 65.

But these guys, yes, these tasty little veggie-meat spears. I loved them from the first
one I snacked on. Ty, on the other hand, decided right away he didn't like them. He is not
exactly a salt type of guy and unfortunately for him, prosciutto tends to be much saltier than not.
I am the salt queen. I only confess to that statement about half the time though. In my favor,
I got to eat all of them. And they sure didn't last long at all!


PWA
12 asparagus spears
6 pieces of prosciutto, cut lengthwise into 2
splash of olive oil for frying

Wrap the asparagus spears into the prosciutto pieces at a 45 degree angle. This allows the
piece of prosciutto to cover majority of the spear. Heat your oil on a pan, then
place your wrapped asparagus on the pan. Fry until the prosciutto becomes browned and
crispy. Let cool, then have at 'em!

These are great as a snack or a quick and easy appetizer to bring to a party.
Enjoy!

♥The Stanleys