Monday, November 11, 2013

A Big Thank You To Our Vets!

Every year I use to call Papa Joe to say thanks. And a big thanks at that...for serving our country, 
the people, and being the strong vet he was. But today, I called my grandma to check in
because she was the love of his life and what's not better than calling that wonderful lady of
Papa Joe's. And yet again today, when I think about how I wish I could call him...
guess what shows up?

Hummingbirds. Yes, more hummingbirds. This time at work. Oddly enough, they were all
over a patient's shirt whom I was putting an IV in. I think Papa Joe was answering that call I wish I 
could've made today to hear his voice. Weird how those things happen. Yet, so cool.


So for all of those living vets, we thank you for your service. As Papa Joe always said, the heros
were the ones who didn't come home. He was very right, but there are many still living that did
some amazing things for our country. If you've got a living veteran in your family, give them a
great big hug for me because that's what I would do if I had another chance!

Thank you all for your service to our country.

♡The Stanleys