Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cherrberry Sauce...aka Cranberry Cherry Sauce

Can I just say that yesterday I could not talk for the life of me? I had these intelligent patients
from what I could tell by their occupation...and here I am forgetting what I'm saying
halfway through a sentence or not being able to come up with the world I'm looking for. I'm
pretty sure they just kept staring at me like, lady get your sentence or word out...or
maybe they were thinking, just stop talking. I hate those days. They just a little embarrassing!
I mean, who wants a nurse talking care of you who can't seem to put words together
to make a sentence or forgets halfway through...it'd make me question them at least.

Anyway...
We have never considered any juice technically "paleo" but we needed some some sort of liquid 
to make a "paleo" cranberry sauce. We peeked around and went for the best looking juice bottle: Martinelli's apple juice! I feel like I judged them all by the cover of their books, but thank 
goodness this juice lived up to it's looks. Now we've got a neat bottle I have no idea 
what I'll ever do with. So here's what we did to make a quick cran-cherry sauce 
for the upcoming week!


1 C frozen of fresh cranberries
1 C frozen cherries
1 C apple juice
dash of salt
2 tbsp raw honey, if you so wish
2 dashes of cinnamon
OR sprinkle or two of orange zest

Dump your cranberries, cherries, apple juice, and dash of salt into a saucepan. Bring to a boil for 
5-7 minutes, then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce becomes thickened. Drop 
in your honey, stir, then allow to cool. If you wish to have a cinnamon or an orange flavor to it, 
add in one or the other. If not, then leave it plain. Place in an airtight container and
serve up at your Thanksgiving dinner...it's good warm or cold!

One more day until a full feast & some football games. Are you ready?
Westport, WA here we come!

♡T&C