Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dinner Disaster With & 'Thank You' Card

When I come home from work, I'm hungry. In fact, I'm usually starving. At its worst, I get the "hangries." Fortunately, Ty is on top of dinner on the nights I work so it's not an issue trying to scramble to find something to eat. However, there's been a few nights that didn't go as planned. 
Last night was one of them...

The house smelled awful to say the least. I couldn't even describe the odor to you initially. I 
nearly felt the need to vomit. That was, until Ty gave me this lovely card...and I 
realized what the familiar, not pleasant smell happened to be. Black licorice. Gross.
Here's his cute little card he made before I got home:


Story behind it was that as I was getting into my car before work yesterday morning, I told him 
there was a recipe to try out I had bookmarked on the computer. Well he thought I meant a tab that 
was already up, which he never did find so he just Googled a shrimp recipe with butternut squash. Funny thing was that we had a spaghetti squash, not a butternut squash. Dinner turned out to 
be some sort of fennel and red pepper flaked shrimp with pureed spaghetti squash. When was the 
last time you all tried spaghetti squashed pureed like baby food? 
Never tried it, huh? Didn't think so.

I credit him for attempting to make "something" so I had some sort of dinner to come home to. Fortunately the taste wasn't as bad as the smell. But you've got to love him for not only
 trying, but for such a funny little thank you card for being "open minded" and a "loving heart".

Just another night at the Stanley's!