Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In Loving Memory of "Papa Joe"

For those of you who couldn't come to the service this past weekend, you would not believe
the number of people that came to show their love for our Papa Joe! Every pew in that big church
was packed, people sat in chairs in the extended room behind the main chapel, and others stood
along the wall. As a family, we can't thank you all enough for joining us in Papa Joe's
celebration of life. He loved each of you and it sure showed how many of us loved him just
as much! Again, thank you for all the kind words, flowers to grandma, and a mass amount of
wonderful sympathy cards to us all.

Papa Joe's Burial Service

All the young men in the family were asked to carry Papa Joe's casket to be
presented in front of the family for the service. Curt, Steve, Jake, Bradley, Marcus,
and even Ty was asked to join as part of the boys in the family. He felt so honored to do so.


The service was a partial military service...everything but the gunshots were done.




We each had our moments to say goodbye and give Papa Joe a white rose.
Everything was so beautiful...and although it was foggy at this time, by the time we
all started to drive away the sun began to come out.
A hello and goodbye from Papa Joe, I'm sure!



Papa Joe use to joke about his "property" he purchased way back in the early 1980s. In fact,
he took my Aunt to see the new "property" when she was younger. Come to
find out, he and my grandma had found their plot of land they'd eventually be laid to rest
beside each other....not a true property! Very humorous Papa Joe, we sure loved that about you! 


Joseph Hubert Cosby or "Papa Joe"
February 12, 1926-October 23, 2013

When I am gone, release me, let me go.

You musn't tie yourself to me with tears.
Just be happy that we had so many years.

I gave you my love, you can only guess,
How much you gave to me in happiness.

I thank you for the love you each have shown,
but now it's time I travel alone.

So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.

It's only for a while that we must part,
So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on,
So if you need me, call, and I will come

Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near.

And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear all of my love
around you, soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone,
You too will cross over the bridge,
and I'll greet you with a smile and say "Welcome Home."
_____________________________________________________

We sure hope you're having one heck of a time without us upstairs, Papa Joe!
Someday, sooner or later, we all will join you. I know for a fact you are sure missed
down here, but we also know that when our time comes, we will sure look forward to you 
greeting us as we cross that bridge.

Love and miss you so much,
Cori Lou & the rest of your Cosby Nation!