Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Officially A Stanley & A Quick Name Changing Tip!

For all my family and friends, I know what you're thinking..."About damn time." And for all those 
who don't know and will know in a minute, you're probably thinking, "What the H?!"

I finally hit up the social security office and can I say that it is one heck of a place. Interesting, to say 
the least! But hey, I got my name officially changed! If you're wondering why it's taken this 
long, believe me I will tell you the story behind it.

When we first got married I was not set on keeping Cosby nor was I set on taking Stanley. So 
instead, I let it linger. Linger to the point that I didn't have time to change it on my social security 
card and all other items including my passport before leaving for SE Asia. Well, I should say that 
Ty and I were more worried that I'd have half my proof of identity in one name and half in another name that I'd end up getting stuck in SE Asia because they'd think I was two different people! Don't 
get me wrong, it's a great place. But home is where I eventually wanted to be back to. Anyway, 
after we got back from our trip I said as soon as Kari's wedding festivities are over I'm going to head 
in and do all the name changing stuff...well guess what? 
The government shut down. That meant I couldn't get my name changed.

So here we are, nearly 15 months later...and I'm officially a Stanley!! Wahoo!
I even became a registered voter today in the State of Washington. What do you know about that?

Just a side note...can I just say how difficult it is to take a photo of two IDs without getting
all your personal info on it. See ya later Oregon. Always a Cosby, now officially a Stanley!

The Social Security Office Tip!
My tip for all those getting married and at some point planning on changing your last name...

*go to the social security office about 10 minutes before they close*

Why? Because at this point there are many people who have left due to a time constraint and there are fewer people that try to sneak in a the end of the day. Trust me, it goes from like a 2-2.5 hour wait 
to a full hour between the time you arrive, wait, and get all the paperwork completed!
Thanks to the security guard at the office, he saved me over an hour of my time.

That's all.

♥Cori L.C. Stanley