Friday, November 8, 2013

Paleo Maple Scones

Have I ever mentioned I hate rolling out dough? I think that's why I like cupcakes. You don't have 
to roll out batter. But seriously, whoever makes those fancy cutout cookies...lots of credit to you. 
And I mean LOTS of credit to you. Unless it's dough that is not sticky and rolls with ease, then 
I'll give it a whirl. I think that's why I decided to tackle these paleo maple scones.

They're as easy as 1, 2, 3 when it comes to dough rolling. Again, the only dough rolling I'll do. Fortunately they're super quick as well. Right up my alley!



I essentially used the base recipe from Elana's Pantry, but added those fall flavors into it 
instead of the chocolate chips. Here ya have it:

Paleo Maple Scones
2 1/2 C almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 eggs
1/4 C coconut oil, melted

Cinnamon Maple Syrup/Glaze
2 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2-3/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix your first six ingredients together in a large bowl. Then mix the maple syrup, eggs,
and coconut oil together in a small bowl. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry
ingredients, mix all together. Spread a piece of parchment paper on your counter, take your
ball of dough and throw it on top of the paper. Roll out your dough until it reaches
about 1-2 inches. You can either slice them into triangles or use a cookie cutter of any shape.
Place your scones onto the baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes or slightly browned.

Serve these warm after pouring some cinnamon maple syrup/glaze over the top.
Add a cup of tea or coffee to your maple scone and you're set for a lovely fall or winter treat!

♥The Stanleys