Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Insert Fruit Here" Coconut Flour Muffins

Let's keep this short and sweet. Always something I have a hard time doing. In fact, I'm pretty terrible at it. And what else... I've been blowing up IG and FB. Over. Board. I've been bad at that too. I was THAT person or at least I felt like it. My sincere apologies.

So back to being short and sweet, semi-lazy, and a terrible photog last night. Why I didn't put the slightest effort into making these look a little better, I don't know. Instead, I obviously decided to dive right in, take that bite, then photograph it. So dumb. Next time though folks, next time. 
It can only improve if I wasn't so hungry, right?

This recipe comes straight from the back of the Nutiva Coconut flour bag from Costco. It's legit. Moist, tasty, and a fabulous treat for all times of the day. For me, I eat 2 or 3 after work because I'm starving. It's a bad habit this week and I'm about to break it (and only because we're almost out of them anyway).


"Insert Fruit Here" Coconut Flour Muffins
(from Nutiva & a great find by Pennie M.)

1 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw honey 
(I cut this nearly in half because we never bake with that much, but know that they definitely 
won't be quite as sweet as you may wish if you don't do the whole amount)
1 cup coconut milk
6 eggs
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 cups organic fruit (we used chopped blackberries, they used blueberries, you can always use raspberries. Your choice!)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. In a small-med sized bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix in the chia seeds and then fold in your fruit. Either grease your muffin tins or use liners, spoon your batter into each muffin tin, and bake for about 25 minutes. Then enjoy!

Great for a little "extrie" for breakfast, a mid-morning/afternoon snack with some protein, or a sweet treat in the evening. 'Short and sweet' is playing over and over in the back of my head, 
so this is where I end.

Happy Thursday!

♡Cori