Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gluten Free in Gresham: Liberated Baking!

You guys, all I've been doing is like four things...

1) sitting around doing work or adoption paperwork
2) working on pressure ulcers from long bike rides
3) getting all pruned up in the pool
4) and thinking about all the things that need to get done, but not having enough time or being so unmotivated to get them done. So instead, I sit around which is becoming an issue.

Obviously there's plenty more we're busy with, but sometimes that's all I feel like I'm doing. If Ty knew I was typing this right now he'd die...and I know this because I can get 10 different things accomplished in a day and still say I didn't do anything in the day. I think it slightly bothers him, but he never says a word. Instead, he is my reassurance that I did plenty (whether I believe it or not). 
It's a minor flaw of mine. We all have to have them, right?

Anyway, my Grandma and I have been going out on dates every couple weeks to test out new coffee shops and restaurants. And let me tell you...growing up in the area that I did, gluten free was not easy. It was much easier to just cook it at home. If I did anything outside the home, I felt like all I had was "salad, hold the dressing" because it was most likely not gluten free. It was a buzz kill...that is going from a big eater and food lover to what seemed like eating nothing. Huge bummer, let me tell you. To this day, there aren't tons of places that jump out at me for places to eat in Gresham but what I will tell you is that my Grandma and I found a place we will probably go back to every time on our lunch dates  anyway....

Liberated Baking!




Everything. Seriously everything, is gluten free and/or vegan. All sorts of breads, cakes, cinnamon rolls, different daily soups, cookies, truffles, sandwiches, and other daily specials. Need I go on? That's like heaven for celiac individuals, especially for those in Gresham. That means you don't have to drive to specialty shops in Portland for the good stuff and you don't have to worry about cross contamination.  Don't be surprised if you spot me back at the LB sooner than later. Until then, all you Gresham and surrounding area folks...please eat it up there for me and give them lots of business. If not for me, I'm sure they'd appreciate it anyway :-)

♡C Lou & Grandma Nu